South of Chile is well known for it volcanoes and its beautiful nature. This combined with the colourful South American culture makes a wonderful set up for a ski touring trip with a touch of Adventure. In this trip we concentrate to the Volcanoes of las Araucarias region where these millennial Araucaria trees are part of the scenery.
We start the road trip in Temuco and head to the Nevados de Chillan Ski resort where we can have have nice and easy start to the trip using the ski lifts to support our tours during the first days.
After Chillan we head to south and making best out of the excellent variety of volcano descents. We always stay the night in the valleys making day tours enjoying the spring conditions of the zone. By doing that we do a scenic road trip through the area and get to know South of Chile.
The last goal of the tour, Villarica, an active volcano with its glaciers and smoking crater, is a breathtaking experience.
Private transportation and the experience that we have from the zone makes it possible to fit the itinerary for the weather conditions.
- A perfect pre start for the upcoming ski season
- Stunning landscapes, like in Jurassic park film: Volcanoes and Araucaria trees
- Tours on Active Volcanoes: Antuco and Villarica
- Day tours from comfortable accommodation
- Easy start for the road trip: Termas de Chillan Ski Resort
- Good taste of wilderness
- Colourful Latin American culture